21.06.23 – updated photo added at end of the text section.
This gorgeous, but under-weight chap came to us on 01.06.23 from a dog warden kennels and so we don’t have any knowledge of his history. He is currently in a fabulous foster home living with 2 x calm older Dobies (a neutered male and female – 10yr & 9yrs) & a neutered Yorkie (12yrs) who is a bit grumpy. The information we have provided below is based on his time in foster care and may be updated as we discover more.
- People: friendly with all in the home, and strangers arriving at the home / does hump foster carers leg if not getting the attention he wants (stopping this behaviour is being worked on)
- Other dogs: living without issue with the two other Dobies in the foster home / time spent around the grump Yorkie is supervised / he appears to take signals from the other dogs when they don’t want to interact with him / he and his new Dobie friends’ welcome visitors to the home together / untested with dogs outside the foster home
- Crate training in progress / will sleep out of the crate with the 2 other Dobies at night with no issue
- Car travel: travelled well in the boot of the car
- Chewing: don’t leave personal belongings lying around he might just decide they need re-shaping (chewing)
- Toilet training: in first couple days marked on sofa where a previous dog had marked / but has since always gone outside
- Home alone: untested
- Cats: untested
- Special feature: gentle when taking food from the hand
Check out his album on our Facebook page ‘Dobies at Lincs Dobermann Rescue’ for more photos and some videos.
If you are interested in adopting a Dobie, please submit an adoption application